Wednesday, December 1

Dec 1 - Reverb 10

I'm back again to write my reaction/response to the 1st daily prompt from Reverb10. I found this from Ali Edwards's post today and I really like some of the ideas that are put out there as writing prompts. I am going to tackle this as a writing only assignment for right now. Then later I may add pictures and make pages of some of the more meaningful topics to me. I may or may not share my responses everyday.
Today's prompt is one word for 2010 and one word for 2011. 
FULL. This is the word that keeps coming to mind when thinking of 2010. The year has been full of experiences, full of emotion, full of challenges, full of joy and full of life. Some of these things that made my life "full" were good and some were a bit harder to deal with. At the beginning of the year, I was still getting settled and finishing work on our newly remodeled house. Along with making our house a home, we added a new puppy to the family in March. And while I hoped that God would take my life in the direction I wanted, there were stressful times of doubt. Love made our lives very full in 2010 when we got engaged and started planning a wedding. In 2010, it has been all of the little moments combined with the big ones that really made it "full". Thinking of it more now, fulfilled might be a really good word to describe my life in 2010.
There are so many words that I hope will describe 2011 but because of 1 Corinthians, I'm going to chose LOVE as my 2011 word. I want to simplify my life, to deepen my faith, to relax about the little things and even about the big things, to laugh more and to hope for a wonderful future. 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This verse explains what love is and what I hope it to be in my life for 2011. It is also a perfect word and verse to reflect on because we will be getting married this summer. When I think of love as my 2011 word, I want to remember this verse and how many areas of life that love can play a part in.

No comments:

Post a Comment