Thursday, February 13

Healthy Life Thursday

Welcome to my venture of assigning a day of the week to sharing something specific with you! Haha, real exciting I know! 
Anyways, I ventured into clean eating the beginning of January after seeing a few people have great results. Checked into what it was all about and started implementing a few ideas here and there. I stopped eating refined flours and sugars, cut out processed stored boxed foods and started eating a lot more fruits, veggies and whole grains. I also added in things like Greek yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds and protein powder. 
Well, as good as that all sounds, I still get cravings. Just to show you it's not as strict as you might suspect here's a recipe I made last night that actually made Spinach Artichoke dip seem healthy.
1 can artichoke (chopped)
1 package frozen spinach
10 oz cauliflower Alfredo sauce (will post recipe soon)
6 oz low fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 low fat Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup low fat mozzarella on top

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

I are mine with a roasted whole grain pita. Delicious!! And it hit that craving for some warm cheesy goodness. I'll be back next week with more healthy living chatter.

- Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment