Saturday, December 3

It's That Time of Year....

...when the world falls in love...
Anyone else singing along? Haha. I LOVE Christmas music so much and have actually been listening to just a little since Halloween. I got the new Michael Buble CD per advice from a bunch of ladies over at DHD. It's great! He's got such a pretty voice and reminds me of Frank Sinatra. I'll share more about my love for Christmas music and movies later.
What I really want to talk about is December Daily! Are you doing one this year? Do you remember mine from last year? You can find all the posts here, here and here.

Well, that was when I was paper scrapping and I still love that album so much. This year however, I've decided to tackle the project with digital scrapbooking. I have a few pages all set up already but for the first few days so far, I've just been making the pages as I go. 
(click on the pages to link to all the credits)
 It took some playing around to figure out the style I wanted to go with. Karen Funk has a Christmas kit that's very kraft based and Karla Dudley has one that's more modern. I'll be pulling pieces from both of those kits for my DD but Robyn Meierotto's Vintage Holiday kit will be my starting point for most of my pages. I also did a lot of browsing other people's ideas to see what I liked and I did play with using an all white background but the kraft just looked so much better! In case you're still wondering if you want to do a DD this year, here's some of my favorite inspirations from other scrappers. (click for credits)
Celeste (above) is using a kraft background and a lot of Robyn's Vintage Holiday kit as well. You should seriously check out her Flicker gallery for all of her pages!

Source: flickr.com via Christy on Pinterest

I hope you will follow me along on this December Daily journey! It's snowing here today and it's our first snow of the season so I know what I'll be scrapping today!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment