Wednesday, October 6

Scrap the Best, Store the Rest

I'm sure that many of you have heard this quote/saying many times and from many people. I don't know who said it first but this idea tends to surface in my mind a lot, especially when I'm digging through my box of pictures. I have tons of pictures! You may remember this project ...
I used Stacy Julian's Finish Line scrapbooking method of picking matching patterned papers, limited embellishments and a stack of related pictures to create 20 pages fast! It worked really well for me and I was just starting out with getting all my pictures scrapbooked. Most of these pictures are college pictures which all show the same thing...friends, parties, fun and craziness. But, these pages are not the same way that I would scrapbook a page now. So, I've turned to "Scrap the Best, Store the Rest". I've been picking out my favorite pictures and stories, sliding them into 12x12 page protectors so that they're ready to be made into a page, and then putting all the excess pictures into divided page protectors. I can focus on the story I want to tell but I still keep and display all the pictures of me and my friends! Take a look at the following 3 pages of divided page protectors and you'll see that I've still told the story and showed off my fun pictures at the same time! 


If you've done this, I'd love to see your divided page protector pages! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I have all of my childhood photos sitting in a box. I think this philosophy will work great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this scrapbook tech. You know I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete